Neverwinter Nights 2 Mask of the Betrayer

Did you stay up all night to finish "just one more" level? Then POST Here!
But remember, HAL is watching...
Cypress
Fierce Competitor
Fierce Competitor
What type of gamer are you?: RPG

Neverwinter Nights 2 Mask of the Betrayer

#1 Post by Cypress » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:23 am

Ok, I just finished Neverwinter Nights 2 Mask of the Betrayer and I have to vent to some fellow gamers. I played through the original campaign and the MOTB expansion as an elven female. For the most part I thoroughly enjoyed the game...until the ending cutscene...
They do a slideshow of the places your character goes after the adventure and it depends largely on the choices you made throughout the game. The problem is that they showed me as a shadowy human male! :hairhair8: This completely broke my illusion and I feel cheated. :angry7:

I forgive alot of glitches in games as long as the overall story is good...but this little result of Obsidians rush job on MOTB is unacceptable to me. I feel like punching the developer responsible. :boxing:

:angry4:
:cussing:

Whew! Thanks for letting me vent!
http://www.triplebotch.com
Lil Ol' RPG Forum

JayZeem
Game Guru
Game Guru

re: Neverwinter Nights 2 Mask of the Betrayer

#2 Post by JayZeem » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:15 am

Violence is not the answer......

....But it is a valid solution
A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Wow, that was fun."

Skittlebrau
Polyhedral Underground Master
Location: Stuck in the mud at the Rocketville paintball field.

#3 Post by Skittlebrau » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:16 pm

Well, when I played thru as a Human Male.... it showed me a shadowy elven chick at the end......... weird.....
of course....she was in a chain mail bikini and preparing herself for a lifetime of slave-itude at the feet of my FAR superior male-ness.....and human-ness........ like all good NPC elven chicks should......
Last edited by Skittlebrau on Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome.

JayZeem
Game Guru
Game Guru

Re: re: Neverwinter Nights 2 Mask of the Betrayer

#4 Post by JayZeem » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:40 pm

Skittlebrau wrote:Well, when I played thru as a Human Male.... it showed me a shadowy elven chick at the end......... weird.....
of course....she was in a chain mail bikini and preparing herself for a lifetime of slav-itude at the feet of my FAR superior male-ness.....and human-ness........ like all good NPC elven chicks should......
Can I have your watch when you are dead?
A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Wow, that was fun."

Skittlebrau

#5 Post by Skittlebrau » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:44 pm

should I have made that sub-text smaller you think??

there that is better:)

Cypress
Fierce Competitor
Fierce Competitor

#6 Post by Cypress » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:28 pm

Skittlebrau wrote:Well, when I played thru as a Human Male.... it showed me a shadowy elven chick at the end......... weird.....
Well...as long as Obsidian is screwing every race/gender equally...that makes me feel a bit better. Thanks for listening guys! :hairhair1:
Skittlebrau wrote: of course....she was in a chain mail bikini and preparing herself for a lifetime of slave-itude at the feet of my FAR superior male-ness.....and human-ness........ like all good NPC elven chicks should......
Thats it! I am personally going to make sure that every one of those tranq darts gets shot directly where the sun don't shine mister! :hairhair6:

Although, I think you hit the nail on the head as far as how Obsidian feels about all non male/human characters...and don't even get me started on how they treat Druids in the game! :hairhair7:
Lil Ol' RPG Forum

Cypress
Fierce Competitor
Fierce Competitor

#7 Post by Cypress » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:33 pm

On the plus side I have a reason to dust off the elf smileys!
:hairhair1: :hairhair2: :hairhair3: :hairhair4: :hairhair5: :hairhair6: :hairhair7: :hairhair8: :hairhair9:
Lil Ol' RPG Forum

Skittlebrau

#8 Post by Skittlebrau » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:52 am

Guardtroll

#9 Post by Guardtroll » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:56 pm

LRO says NWN2 rocks.

What a systems pig that game is. Just like the original. Did they improve the "make your own scnario tools" over the original? you needed to be a fricken programmer to make one back then. Easier to just break out the books, paper and pencils then to even try to learn.
Trolls exist!
They steal your socks. But only the left ones...

...what's with that?

Cypress
Fierce Competitor
Fierce Competitor

#10 Post by Cypress » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:33 pm

8-[ Well, they said that they improved the toolset...but I don't think so. It seems to be about the same to me, but to be fair I have only futzed with it a little. I am still on my second playthrough (as an evil character) and won't really look at it till I'm done.

Plus, as you stated, its a system pig and so not alot of my friends have it, so my motivation for doing a campaign with it isn't there. :)

Still...it is the best game I have ever played and if you like RPG's I would definitely recommend doing what it takes to get your system up to snuff to play it. It has its glitches and load times are a bit tideous but it is worth it in the end (as long as you play a human male :hairhair7: ). I used that time to read through the book, play with the ferrets, or kick the cats. :-$

It is no substitute for the real thing. Pen and Paper games are much better...but this is an acceptable alternative if you don't have a human group. :hairhair9:
Lil Ol' RPG Forum

Skittlebrau

#11 Post by Skittlebrau » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:16 pm

The Witcher is where it's at........ but GT needs to keep his spawn away from it... it has nudity and extreme violence that makes it the perfect game for the cultured adults that we are.... but not for the younglings.....

Cypress
Fierce Competitor
Fierce Competitor

#12 Post by Cypress » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:37 pm

Skittlebrau wrote:The Witcher is where it's at........ but GT needs to keep his spawn away from it... it has nudity and extreme violence that makes it the perfect game for the cultured adults that we are.... but not for the younglings.....
:hairhair7: Psht! Yeah if you don't want to look at your character's ass! I can't abide these assless games. :hairhair7:
Lil Ol' RPG Forum