Band of Brothers

Catch up with your fellow members. General Chat.
Seripmav
Polyhedral Underground Master

Band of Brothers

#1 Post by Seripmav » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:18 am

This is the HBO special from Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg about Easy Company in WW2. It follows them from the D-Day airdrop to the end. It is on 5 cds (10 - 1 hour episodes).

If you've got the time and liked Saving Private Ryan then this is for you. Each episode focuses on a new person so it's sorta like getting personal diaries at different points in the war. Lots of battles and very intense action make it great. Seeing it only sporadically however does make it a little hard to keep track of the regulars though. Because the company suffered something like 150% casualties each episode has only a few surviving carry overs and the rest are a new cast. And because the focus is individual it's easy to forget about someone because they may only have 1 or 2 lines for the rest of the shows.

Let me tell you though that all the stories keep you on the edge of your seat. At the batle of Bastogne(?) they did one on the medic - it was an awesome story. And seeing them out in the snow literally made me cold just watching.

Ty has it so whenever we get a chance we'll watch a couple episodes. We have 2 left and one is going to be when they liberate a concentration camp. I can't wait!

Auger The Great
Gaming God
Gaming God
What type of gamer are you?: RPG
Location: Right here by your side, doesn't that help to make you feel comfortable?

Re: Band of Brothers

#2 Post by Auger The Great » Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:15 pm

That sounds great, I would love to get in on the action. Is this a one night rental thing from ty, or could we borrow a couple at a click?
In the great scheme of things, what matters is not how long you live, but why you live; what you stand for; and what you are willing to die for!

Seripmav

#3 Post by Seripmav » Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:41 am

I think you'd have to call Ty about that. We may try to finish them up tonight if we can work it out. Usually we start about 9 and go to 12 and have a few beers. If we get together I can give anyone interested a call.

It's nice to see them in order, but like I said, they are sorta individual stories so it's not necessary

Auger The Great
Gaming God
Gaming God
Location: Right here by your side, doesn't that help to make you feel comfortable?

#4 Post by Auger The Great » Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:37 am

definately let me know.
In the great scheme of things, what matters is not how long you live, but why you live; what you stand for; and what you are willing to die for!

Cid_Highwind
Novice Gamer
Novice Gamer
Game Collection: http://

#5 Post by Cid_Highwind » Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:19 pm

Quite Honestly, I have been DYING to see that Series...
However, with 10 hours it takes to watch all of them, my disparing schedule doesn't seem to make room for it.

Ya know what.... We should make a Saturday out of it and watch it-- Marathon style.
:shock:
Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.
- General George Patton Jr

Zanthor
Adventure Sage
Adventure Sage

#6 Post by Zanthor » Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:46 pm

I have also heard a lot about this series. I might be interested in joining a marathon viewin of this. or possibly borrowing some of the episodes. Maybe we could have some 'demo' copies made... :D

Seripmav

#7 Post by Seripmav » Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:03 pm

Ty and I wanted to do the marathon thing, but it just didn't work out. I think it's taken us a couple months to get this far into them. They are awesome for inspiring paintball grandeur.
Last edited by Seripmav on Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auger The Great
Gaming God
Gaming God

#8 Post by Auger The Great » Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:22 pm

They are awesome for inspiring paintball grandeur.
So may 3rd it is? JK