Chimera

Catch up with your fellow members. General Chat.
Seripmav
Polyhedral Underground Master

Chimera

#1 Post by Seripmav » Wed May 21, 2003 10:24 am

Is pronounced: chi-meera. Heard that on their radio commercial. I think that they don't know how to say their own name unless it's someones last name. The mythical beast is pronounced ki-meera. Am I wrong?

Harbinger

Re: Chimera

#2 Post by Harbinger » Wed May 21, 2003 1:03 pm

You are right, I have hear the ads too and wondered. Its got to be based on the mythology. Maybe the DJ dude wasn't told how to pronounce it or they don't know themselves. I once heard a shoe store commercial where the ad guys was listing the shoes on sale and said Reebok, Adidas, Nike- but pronounced Nike like Bike or Pike. Its like, you have never heard of Nike?
Memoir wouldn't do that...

Seripmav

#3 Post by Seripmav » Wed May 21, 2003 2:14 pm

Great I'm not going insane. Perhaps they did it that way because morons wouldn't know how it was spelled and would get confused.

What station did you hear it on? I heard it on 96.9 which I thought was pretty weird, but maybe a lot of gamers are metal heads. Considering how they bragged up all the puzzles they had (I have never noticed the HUGE selection myself) maybe a station geared toward retirees might have been more profitable.

Harbinger

#4 Post by Harbinger » Wed May 21, 2003 3:09 pm

Yeah it was on 96.9, which I thought was odd too. Probably just trying to get to the younger crowd, the ones with all the disposable income.
Memoir wouldn't do that...