Polyhedral Underground - Wisconsin Gaming Group

Wisconsin Gaming Group - Oshkosh - NE Wisconsin
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:04 am 
Polyhedral Underground Master

Location: Stuck in the mud at the Rocketville paintball field.
What type of gamer are you?: RPG
In attendance

Harbinger
Guardtroll
Cornbread46

games played;
1)____________
2)Shogun

1)I don't know what Harb & Trolly were playing when I got there... but it was being put away as I walked in so it must not be very important.

2)SHOGUN!!!! We decided to break out the Game of the Month tm and what a game it was. We used the flip side (or moon side) of the map and the random assignment of starting territories. while GT and Harb got to cherry pick from two wonderful perfectly placed cards, I did a few rounds of random picking and was stuck spread all over the map. after a few rounds of "let's attack the 'Farmies' tm" we were entrenched and ready for winter... where we all lost 7 tons of rice!!!! leading to many revolting..... um revolts. After the dust settled from all the in-fighting, Harb and I were clearly in charge of the region with GT 6-7 victory points behind.

Year two was "the year of the bloody icky-ness of battling and stuff tm" After Harb foolishly attacked me in an area that, although appearing empty at the time, had 5 armies that were hidden during the planning phase. GOTCHA!! well my counter attack cleared out his remaining forces thus clearing the way for a full assault into his undefended rear. (no jokes about that line.... from anyone!) If only I had noticed that little line that connected those... so I could take advantage. But since I did not notice it until it was too late (thanks to slow Meta-gaming on GT's part) I had to make my points elsewhere.

Going into fall of the second year, it appeared that GT was picking up steam and Harb was pulling ahead of the pack with his Cornbread Gambit tm of build, build, build, while GT and I were stymied with empty treasuries. It almost payed off until I decided to attack GT??? yes.... I made the wrong move in a complete lack of strateger-osity and attacked GT to take out his train rolling points grabbing. But what is this?? a draw?? clear out the whole territory?? destroy the castle??? leave nothing for harb to attack?? YES exactly what I planned! Perfectly executed through cunning use of battle tower prowess.... or maybe it was luck. So after I faced one last revolt (thanks Harb for stealing my rice country!) The finals were counted up. GT's late charge brought him to 50 (or close to...we wiped the board before we got an exact number... but it was within 2 or 3 of 50 and the spread was remembered exactally) with Harb managing to hold on to an extra temple or two to finish up at 52. But even through all the trials of random placements, dual fronted attacks, rice thieves, and revolts I was once again triumphant with 57.

Final Score:
Harbinger 52
Guardtroll 50
Cornbread 57

So once again I defended my Shogun title and remain undefeated. I need The Who to write a song about me ya know...."he's a Shogun Wizard tm"

So then, GT had to vamoose and I made a call to my wife as promised and had to scram as well, thus saving Harb from a crushing defeat at his all time favorite game Fortress America.

anyway... thus ends my neutral, unbiased review of the factual events.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:08 pm 
Wow, that was really deep, man. I bet you were beside yourself since I wasn't there to be obliterated?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:57 am 

The first game of the night was Hellas. I did a horrible job of explaining to GT how the combat works and then I took advantage of him and won handily.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:18 am 
Gaming God
Gaming God

Nice report!

Sorry I missed it, even though I likely would have come in dead last.

Game of the month seems to be working swimmingly!

One of you computer-y people should set up a poll on the forum to choose the next one for April if it makes it that long.

I think Yong votes for Rocketville.

Just a thought!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:21 am 

Nice idea. We just need to get suggestions and then poll it the week before the new month.

...what's with that?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:26 pm 
When I die, I want eveyone to bury their Rocketville games with me. That should resist the temptation to actually play the game. Oh, wait, send them all to Tye.