Wisconsin Gaming Group - Oshkosh - NE Wisconsin
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Warmachine Event
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:43 am 
Adventure Sage
Adventure Sage

What type of gamer are you?: Computer
Out of curiosity, would you Warmachines players by chance be interested in having a Warmachines event some Saturday that there isn't a Gameapalooza/Game-a-thon? I don't know where we would have it persay, as it seems my location is a bit too far for people to drive (judging from zero interest in the "Gamefest" earlier this month). It would most likely be a 2 or 3 games at a time thing depending on who comes, as there are several people who have not played before and would probably like some "training" or whatnot before getting more competitive.

I know the following people have armies (or soon will):

- Elric (Protectorate)
- Boathouselooper (Cygnar, a few Khador, Everblight)
- GuardTroll (Cryx)
- GT's son (Cygnar) - I am not sure if these are built / "play ready" yet.
- Atom (Khador) - right?
- SkittleBrau (Mercenaries) - Any luck on picking up an army yet SB?
- Jason (Mercenaries / Cygnar) - He is a guy BHL and I know from Oshkosh who also would likely come.

...Also I heard NeverKnowsBest was looking into picking up a small Khador army if he can find the right deal or whatnot. If we get him and everyone else, that's 8 people, not too shabby. Let me know if I missed anyone.

So what do you guys think? Anyone up for it?

"If you don't like something, hit it.
:boxing:
If it hits back, shoot it.
:leftfighter4: :halfrobot:
If it's still moving - RUN."

:eeeeek: => :transformer:

Post subject: Re: Warmachine Event
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:47 pm 
Polyhedral Underground Master

What type of gamer are you?: Card
I'm definitely interested.

My armies are Cygnar, Pirates and Everblight. I do have the Khador starter pack but that's it. I'm trading away the last of my confrontation stuff to get more of the above models, but will also then do more trading to get some Circle of Orboros units.

I also have two other friends that play. They have Menoth and Trollbloods (with Circle for trade to get more Trolls).

BHL

Robert: Um, Robert Unwin
Simon: And what do you do?
Robert: I work at a chicken factory.
<Silence>
Simon: .....Good....

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:36 pm 
Fierce Competitor
Fierce Competitor

What type of gamer are you?: Minatures
Game Collection: http://
I would be definitely interested, and could certainly host, if people wanted. I have the space, and even some terrain, and a few 4x4 mats, but:

• I really only have the dining room table that would work for a playspace, so we would need a few more tables
    • My wife and I have two cats, so if you're allergic (like I am) I could give you some Claratin or something
    • I will have my battlebox finished soon (only one Destroyer to go), but I doubt I'll have my whole 500 point army finished any time soon (even though they're all purchased)
    • I should probably play a few games first to get back in to it

We live downtown on Court Street in Oshkosh (half a block from the YMCA) and there's plenty of parking, so it would probably work out fine, but there may be a few "hurdles" to my plan. Let me know what you think.

In other news, I washed all the parts to my Destroyer this weekend (to get the mold release off of the pieces) so I will start constructing after Star Wars Miniatures tonight. If I can at least get my battlebox finished then I can finally get some starter games going to get the rules figured out again.

Atom Smashing - My personal gaming blog
http://atomsmashing.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:51 pm 

LRO's army sums up to the basic starter box plus one or two more. They came badly painted, but are ready to play, unless I strip them. :-$

I have enough airbrushed to field a small unit of Cryx Jack's and a witch. The bronzing and details I could get finished by the time we play. But who am I kidding? :---)

Any weekday this week, maybe next week can work. Weekends are right out for me. LRO could make it without me if you have it on a weekend.

I can still donate my folding convention table. With the felt table cloth, it is perfect for mini's. Chairs, I still have 4 to 6 of those folding cloth outdoor chairs if we need.

Prepare to be Cryx'ed! :zombiesmile:

...what's with that?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:37 am 

Location: Stuck in the mud at the Rocketville paintball field.
What type of gamer are you?: RPG
I haven't had time to seriously hit the trade boards much in the last few weeks, so I am sorely lacking on an army, but if someone had some extras (cough BHL cough) that I could run with for a day, I would LOVE to get in on a day of blowin' stuff up!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:57 pm 
Adventure Sage
Adventure Sage

Skittlebrau wrote:
I haven't had time to seriously hit the trade boards much in the last few weeks, so I am sorely lacking on an army, but if someone had some extras (cough BHL cough) that I could run with for a day, I would LOVE to get in on a day of blowin' stuff up!

Pfft, what have you been spending your time on? Real life?!?! Man, it's all about the Warmachine, life comes second. :razz:

Seriously though, it shouldn't be a problem to borrow from someone. If BHL can't, I have more than enough in my Protectorate army that I can field a few smaller armies if they are broken out the right way. Maybe not all painted yet, but you get what you pay for. ;)

So, it looks like we have interested people, so lets talk "dates" that will work for everyone. GT would prefer to do a smaller/faster night during the week as he doesn't have weekend availability, and I know some other people would rather have weekends.

So, maybe do a 6/2/09 (next Tues.), and then possibly 6/6/09 for the Saturday? I don't know when June Palooza is scheduled, but I thought it was 6/13 for some reason. Does that work for everyone?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:47 am 
Adventure Sage
Adventure Sage

I didn't see any replies so I am guessing those dates did not work out. Would anyone like to suggest some different dates that would work better for them?