Polyhedral Underground - Wisconsin Gaming Group

Wisconsin Gaming Group - Oshkosh - NE Wisconsin
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:15 am 

What type of gamer are you?: RPG
Game Collection: http://
Hello folks,

I just found this board, and am not sure how active it is, but I thought that I'd give it a shot.

I have been living in the Neenah/Menasha area for the last 10 years, but am moving to Oshkosh in March. I'm 49, married with 2 kids and am a stay at home Dad and college student right now.

I have been gaming with a group in upper Appleton for a number of years but with the move , North Appleton will be a bit more of a drive, and recent changes in my current group just make it a good time for a change. So I am looking to take the plunge when I move, and would like to find a new group closer to my new home in Oshkosh.

I have many, many years of experience playing a lot of systems over the years. I tend to prefer Fantasy (My favorites are D&D and Palladium), but am open to trying some other stuff. I am not a real big Vampire gamer, but have played the original WoD system quite a lot. I have experience both as a player and a DM, althought I prefer to play.

I'm hoping to find something on Saturdays, weekly if possible, but am willing to look at other days.

I also have a 13 year old som who has been playing D&D 5e for a few months. If there's a group that's willing to consider the both of us, that would be even better. (I understand most groups don't want younger players, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.)

Anyway, if any groups in Oshkosh have any openings, please let me know. If anyone knows where a good place to hook up with some Oshkosh folks would be, I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

8)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:15 pm 
Polyhedral Underground Master

Location: Stuck in the mud at the Rocketville paintball field.
What type of gamer are you?: RPG
We should chat. :)

The Polyhedral Underground group is MOSTLY a board game group, with some forays into RPG territory, but I think I am the most qualified to be the RPG ambassador for the group. We do have some RPG gaming that happens, but it is just a small portion compared to the board gaming side of things.

First of all, have you been to Adventure Games & Hobby in Oshkosh? They have multiple games going multiple days of the week, and many are quite open to new players, and have some younger players. Just the other day I saw a couple of 10-12 year-olds playing in one of the D&D groups. I don't have any of the direct contacts for any of the groups, but Teddy and Char who own/run the store, will gladly hook you up with the right people. (And it is a GREAT store to boot. lots of gaming tables, discounted products, really supports the gaming community in town)

I also have a 9 year old who has begun playing D&D 5e recently, so I understand the desire to include my family when possible. We can't commit to regular slots for a game right now, but we have been playing sporadically when we can pull a few people together, and she has taken a real liking to RPG's so far, and is always anxious to play more.

Feel free to PM me, respond here, hit me up on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Skittlebrau46), or whatever is easiest to chat about Oshkosh gaming options, or whatever. I'm always looking for fellow RPG guys to chat with.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:15 pm 

Welcome to the boards Irish! Some weeks are more active than others.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:22 pm 
Adventure Sage
Adventure Sage

Welcome to the site.

Now I am the Game Master.