Warning - Warning

Movies, Books, Minstrels, Art, Anime. I said Anime, what more do you need?
Derf de Lear
Fierce Competitor
Fierce Competitor
What type of gamer are you?: RPG

Warning - Warning

#1 Post by Derf de Lear » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:34 pm

Movies directed by (or in any way connected with) Uwe Boll should be avoided at all costs by less-skilled moviegoers.

His films include: House of the Dead, Alone in the Dark and Bloodrayne. His next film is supposed to be In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale. He frequently makes movies based on video games. As a director, he is worse than Ed Wood. (And if you don't know who Ed Wood is, you don't really have the right to speak about movies).

In the Name of the King has a fairly big cast of very familiar actors. How they lowered themselves to work with this guy, I have no idea. Must be fun or something.
WHAT IS BEST IN LIFE?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Yong No Mo

re: Warning - Warning

#2 Post by Yong No Mo » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:25 pm

Didn't he die in 78? Are we talking about Jr. or Sr. Okay, I won't comment. If you need more info.on Ed Wood Jr., then go to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Wood,_Jr. I think his latter movies would actually tie into the "wood for sheep" discussion in other forums.

Uwe Boll info. can also be found at the same site:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_Boll
"For 150 euros a piece the whores would be naked and do as they were told. It was better." (in an interview for Bloodrayne: The Movie talking about why he chose to use prostitutes instead of actual actresses)"

I believe that is "wikipedia" and no winkipedia to help Harb with a few clarifications. Hats off to Derf for saving us from a good waste of time.
Last edited by Yong No Mo on Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Derf de Lear
Fierce Competitor
Fierce Competitor

Re: re: Warning - Warning

#3 Post by Derf de Lear » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:05 pm

Yong No Mo wrote:Didn't he die in 78? Are we talking about Jr. or Sr. Okay, I won't comment. If you need more info.on Ed Wood Jr., then go to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Wood,_Jr. I think his latter movies would actually tie into the "wood for sheep" discussion in other forums.
Hats off to Derf for saving us from a good waste of time.
Johnny Depp ROCKED as Ed Wood, Jr. in the film Ed Wood. For a good laugh, watch "Plan 9 from Outer Space" which is one of his best known films (and I use the term "films" lightly). It's almost universally regarded as the worst film in the history of the world.

During one scene in a gradeyard, you actually see one of the cardboard tombstones fall over. And he just left it in the damn film. The movie is so bad you can't help but love it.

I have it on dvd and can bring it to Gameapalooza, hehe.
WHAT IS BEST IN LIFE?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Harbinger
Polyhedral Underground Master

#4 Post by Harbinger » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:13 am

Wait, does that mean you are coming to Gameapalooza?
Memoir wouldn't do that...

Yong No Mo

#5 Post by Yong No Mo » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:11 pm

The infamous Jack Sparrow was also in one of Wood's films? Wow, talk about going full circle.

Derf de Lear
Fierce Competitor
Fierce Competitor

Re: re: Warning - Warning

#6 Post by Derf de Lear » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:39 pm

Harbinger wrote:Wait, does that mean you are coming to Gameapalooza?
It's on the 22nd, right? I was planning on making at least PART of the day. I don't have my son that weekend, so I'm free. Though I MIGHT go see Clerks 2 that night.
WHAT IS BEST IN LIFE?

Harbinger

#7 Post by Harbinger » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:50 pm

Yes the 22nd. Only 7 more shopping days left.
Memoir wouldn't do that...