Simpsons or Family Guy?

Movies, Books, Minstrels, Art, Anime. I said Anime, what more do you need?
boathouselooper
Polyhedral Underground Master
What type of gamer are you?: Card

Simpsons or Family Guy?

#1 Post by boathouselooper » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:22 pm

Okay - I was following a thread on BGG about this guy that thinks his young kids [strike]are retarded[/strike] have an IQ below 70 because they can't play certain games. He reads about other people claiming things like, "yeah, my 6 year old plays Power Grid" and stuff like that.

It reminded me of a quote from TV, but the thing is, I can't remember if it was a Simpsons episode or a Family Guy episode. The quote basically goes like this: "Mr. and Mrs. Simpson/Griffin, every parent thinks their child is special," with air quotes around special. In my head, I can make it work for both shows - but it's driving me crazy that I can't remember which show it was! A google search for the quote turns up nothing.

Anyone have a better memory than me?

Thanks!

edited for word choice
Last edited by boathouselooper on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simon: Hello
Robert: Hello
Simon: What's your name?
Robert: Um, Robert Unwin
Simon: And what do you do?
Robert: I work at a chicken factory.
<Silence>
Simon: .....Good....

Captain Yid
Gaming God
Gaming God

Re: Simpsons or Family Guy?

#2 Post by Captain Yid » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:35 pm

boathouselooper wrote:Okay - I was following a thread on BGG about this guy that thinks his young kids are retarded because they can't play certain games. He reads about other people claiming things like, "yeah, my 6 year old plays Power Grid" and stuff like that.
Okay, so this guy thinks his kids have an IQ below 70, are in the lower 2%ile, (or 2 standard deviations below the norm,) in the area of adaptive behavior and have a severe deficite in two of the following areas: written language, reading, or math? Okay, he said young kids, so then it would be: academic readiness, comprehension of language or communication, or motor skills. Personally, if you are going to throw out the term "retarded," then you should understand the meaning. Anyone who discredits their kids and doesn't encourage them deserves not to have them. Games are a great way to challenge kids, but not everyone is interested in games. "Everyone thinks their kids are special." They should! They are "their" kids. They are special. As far as retarded goes: "Perfect souls in imperfect bodies." I don't watch either show. IMO, they don't have a purpose. Okay, you found my pet peeve.
The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead.

I just go where I'm told. Hell is a frequent location.
Yid

boathouselooper

#3 Post by boathouselooper » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:33 am

boathouselooper wrote: a thread on BGG about this guy that thinks his young kids
Not my words. Relevant BGG thread is here.

But I should have chosen my words a bit more carefully. Apologies if I offended anyone - that wasn't my intent.
Simon: And what do you do?
Robert: I work at a chicken factory.
<Silence>
Simon: .....Good....

Skittlebrau
What type of gamer are you?: RPG
Location: Stuck in the mud at the Rocketville paintball field.

#4 Post by Skittlebrau » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:27 am

Family Guy

2x09: IF I'M DYIN' I'M LYIN'

Not amount mental illness, but a faked condition called tumor-syphilis-itis-osis, so that they could get the "grant a wish foundation" to get their favorite TV show "Gumbel 2 Gumbel back on the air.

Peter: Wait a minute. My son only has a short time to live. All he wants is his favorite show back on TV. How can you say no?

Harris: Mr. Griffin, everyone thinks their dying child is special (air quotes). But these days, people who donate money to our foundation demand a little more bang for their buck. We need sick kids we can package. You know, like that one we put on Hollywood Squares.

Contestant: I'll take the dying boy to block.

Host: Okay. Jeremy, is there anything lower than absolute zero?

Jeremy: Uh, yeah. My white-cell count.
I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome.

boathouselooper

#5 Post by boathouselooper » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:32 pm

Awesome! Thanks SB! I owe you now.

Maybe a ride to SH's game day. :)