Doomsday

Movies, Books, Minstrels, Art, Anime. I said Anime, what more do you need?
Digga D!
Fierce Competitor
Fierce Competitor
Game Collection: http://

Doomsday

#1 Post by Digga D! » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:06 pm

Ok, so I just got done watching "Doomsday", the new Neil Marshell (The Descent, Dog Soldiers) movie and I gotta say, it is PRETTY BAD @$$!! It's basically an homage to Escape from New York and the Mad Max movies, with over-the-top gore, a totally tough chick as the lead, and a little Braveheart to boot.
Here's the loose plot w/out spoilers. So England (and the rest of the world) are exposed to a virus (28 days/weeks later kind of feel) and start to crumble. To quell the pandemic the put a wall between England and Scotland. Civilized England continues to deteroraite and someone thinks a Dr. Kane has the cure across the wall in Scotland may have a cure. Send in Snake Plisk... I mean "the Major", who in this case is a foxy lady with a bad case of the beat-downs. From here enter Mad Max/ Dreadnauts/ "The Warriors" style Marauders and some misfits from the Renaissance faire sprinkle with brain-matter and you get 2 hours of fun-splisions!!
Is this movie high-brow in any way? Not really. It is nice to see a female action lead w/out a male love-interest sidestory who is never sexualized (even though she is really hot and in spandex). This movie was made to be fun, rediculous and over-the-top and it really delivered. Some of the plot REALLY reminded me of George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire. So if you're in the mood for sweet mad-max style movie (with really awesome directing, acting, and a score like a carpenter film), Doomsday will make your day! (yep... I went there!)

Skittlebrau
Polyhedral Underground Master
What type of gamer are you?: RPG
Location: Stuck in the mud at the Rocketville paintball field.

Re: Doomsday

#2 Post by Skittlebrau » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:31 pm

Yep. Saw this one. I agree. 'Nuff said.
I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome.

boathouselooper
What type of gamer are you?: Card

Re: Doomsday

#3 Post by boathouselooper » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:39 pm

That's the type of review I am not accustomed to reading! =D>

But why oh why oh why ---- viruses have become movie stars in an of themselves.

Doomsday and 28 days as you mention. Plus: I am Legend, Resident Evil, etc etc.
Simon: Hello
Robert: Hello
Simon: What's your name?
Robert: Um, Robert Unwin
Simon: And what do you do?
Robert: I work at a chicken factory.
<Silence>
Simon: .....Good....